Not sure how you are going to spend another long weekend? We complied a list of iso activities for you and your family.
ANZAC Day Driveway Dawn Service
Honour ANZACS from your driveway – Stand on your balcony or in your driveway for the dawn service. RSL branches have endorsed and encouraged the gesture of families nationwide standing out at 6am holding candles or a torch for the fallen.
Tune in to the ABC Radio, 6PR, 96FM and 6IX for the dawn commemoration that will include The Ode, The Last Post and one minute’s silence.
Fire up the BBQ for a gunfire breakfast of bacon, eggs and sausages… plus a mug of (rum-spiked) tea or coffee to toast the fallen.
Make ANZAC biscuits
Anzac biscuits are an Aussie classic, so celebrate our National Day of Remembrance with these tasty homemade treats.
Watch an ANZAC Movie
- The Water Diviner
- Turkish Ice-cream
- ANZAC Girls
Shop online for a Mothers Day gift
Get in contact with your favourite local gift store or florist to see if they are doing deliveries for Mothers Day that is quickly creeping up, Sunday 10th May. Get your online orders in as there are delays with the deliveries during this time.
Start a new hobby or learn a new skill
Find or start a hobby by trying a workshop in arts, crafts or a life skill;
- Learn a language – there are plenty of free apps that you can download.
- Learn to cross stitch, knit or paint.
- Online Workshops – Click here to check out some ideas like embroidery, candle making, painting and more.
- Live stream cooking classes:
Join an online Quiz
- Every Friday Quiz Meisters host a live quiz that kicks off at 5 pm WST (7pm AEST). Click here for the info on their next Friday night quiz.
- Dux Nuts Quizzes also host online quizzes several nights of the week- Click here to find the details of the next quiz.
Start a veggie patch or herb garden
Get that green thumb working and start up your own veggie patch. Gardening has many health benefits so pick up some seedlings and plant away.
Clean out the shed, cupboards or your wardrobe
The wardrobe or garage clean out is a go-to iso activity. What a great chance during isolation to have the time to organise the house.
Host a Virtual Party
Thanks to technology, we can virtually video call our loved ones, so try arranging a video date with your best pals or family via Facebook Messenger, Houseparty, Zoom or Skype.